My photo
Edinboro, Pennsylvania, United States
I'm a pretty fun guy. I have a side that is very serious but I also know when I am able to have fun. I am starting my second year at Edinboro and I am apart of Theta Chi fraternity. These guys are my absolute best friends and it is the best decision I have made. I will be starting a second job this year working as a Teacher's Aid and working to turn into a teacher's assistant. I also work at the beer distributor in town. Coming from Pittsburgh, Edinboro is my new home and I have built a great life. I like to meet, talk, and become friends with many people and help as much as I can. As my fraternities motto states, "Extend a helping hand to all who seek it" I believe I follow that well so do not feel scared to contact me for help!

Monday, September 10, 2012

Two more for the blog roll

No Time for Flash Cards is a blog that interests me because I love crafting. Being in a fraternity, I have done many crafts such as making pillows and small trinkets for sorotities just to name a few. Creating something with my bare hands is something that I absolutely love to do and it gives me pleasure to be able to produce a product and people complimenting me about it. Because I like to be crafty, the possibilities are endless meaning when I become a teacher a lot of items used within the classroom can be created at a low cost. This blog posts many ideas of different projects that can be educational and fun for the children; not to mention it would be fun for me as well!



Another thing that I find iteresting is learning about history. I love the idea of where we came from, and learning the certain events that has happened to create the world we live in now. During my high school career, I decided to take my first AP history course (which turned out to be the hardest AP history class in the school.) The course I took was European History and it was interesting to learn the things I did and to follow some of the monarchies. One of the things I found most intriguing were the views on women. Here is a blog about the women during the renaissance. History Harlequin: Bite-sized Pieces of History talked a little bit about women and their standing within society and analyzed how dowries worked. To me, this is utterly insane how life used to be during the renaisance and how poorly women were concieved. I believe that the study of European history is a good way to understand how the alliances and natural born enemies between countries developed and understand why our lives are the way they are now. This blog is just a glimpse in the history of Europe, but it is a good start to look into it even more.




5 comments:

  1. I agree with the first blog you posted about. I also agree that some the items from the classroom can be created at a low cost when doing craft time. Such as making clocks by(using paper plates, and crayons)to teach children how to tell time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teaching has to be fun for you as well as the children. Children know if teachers are in a bad mood, so if we aren't having fun then they probably won't either.

    Your second paragraph you have another spelt wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that teachers can do crafts in the classroom with cheap supplies. I took AP Euro as well in high school and that was an interesting class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love being crafty. I think that is important, especially in the younger aged kids. It is good to get them thinking and being as creative as can be! Also, you want to be having fun in the classroom as well as learning, and being crafty and creative is a great way to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the history blog! I'm a social studies ed major, and all that stuff about social structures in ages goen by is really fascinating to me. it's interesting to think that hundreds of years from now, amybe our society will be looked back on in the same kind of puzzlement about why we treated certain groups the way we did.

    ReplyDelete