My photo
Edinboro, Pennsylvania, United States
I'm a pretty fun guy. I have a side that is very serious but I also know when I am able to have fun. I am starting my second year at Edinboro and I am apart of Theta Chi fraternity. These guys are my absolute best friends and it is the best decision I have made. I will be starting a second job this year working as a Teacher's Aid and working to turn into a teacher's assistant. I also work at the beer distributor in town. Coming from Pittsburgh, Edinboro is my new home and I have built a great life. I like to meet, talk, and become friends with many people and help as much as I can. As my fraternities motto states, "Extend a helping hand to all who seek it" I believe I follow that well so do not feel scared to contact me for help!

Friday, September 7, 2012

My beliefs about technology and learning


The use of technology is a wonderful thing, but there are also many issues that comes along with it. Having technology is a useful tool, but should not be taken advantage of it. By this, I believe that it should be used as a tool and a tool only. I have had classes before that have been strictly technology based and I personally did not like it. I would still prefer the teacher being the one to present the information, lecture/teach it, and help students through the work that has been assigned. I do, however, believe that technology can help refine skills and make things easier on the student. When I stated that it shouldn't be taken advantage of, the class should be able to still learn from the teacher,  not the computer. Using technology also comes with it's issues. One being losing information, certain videos or pictures not loading, documents, and powerpoints not loading just to name a few. I have dealt with these issues personally and also in the classroom and sometimes the technology just does not work, hindering the learning process. I do think technology is a good idea but the teacher must be prepared before hand and also have a back up plan if things do not work out accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment